These are my absolute fav protein pancakes. They are so tasty and help me make sure I am actually hitting my protein goal every day. Ideally I have these on Sundays and make a nice leisurely morning out of it. More often than not though, I quickly make a bunch on a Sunday night so I can have a meal prepped breakfast for the rest of the week. They re-heat well in the toaster.
- 1 scoop of Shaklee Protein (I like vanilla or strawberry!)
- ½ banana (this is best with bananas that have been sitting a few days and are on their last leg lol)
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mash banana with almond milk before stirring in the remaining ingredients.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-low before pouring in batter. Smaller the pancakes, the better. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
I’m not a huge fan of syrup so I make this berry compote to drizzle (dump) on top of my pancakes. I don’t measure anything when I make this so bear with me!
- Handful of frozen mixed berries
- Agave Syrup
- Chia Seeds
- Add berries to a saucepan and stir until berries get soft
- Squeeze a generous amount of lemon juice into pan, along with a little bit of agave syrup
- Start mashing the berries in the saucepan until your desired consistency. Once you’re almost at ideal consistency, add in the chia seeds and stir in well for about a minute
- Remove saucepan from heat and let sit from five to ten minutes to let chia seeds expand
Let me know if you make these! Would love to hear what you think and what toppings you add to it.